Check out our fab new resource - all about Parliament!
To celebrate Parliament Week (13 - 19 November), a team of our fantastic volunteers have put together this innovative challenge pack all about Parliament, in conjunction with the team at UK Parliament Week. You can find out more about the work of UK Parliament Week by visiting their website here.
The challenge pack, which is suitable for all sections, has lots of different activities under its three main sections: Explore, Engage and Empower.
Explore: This section will help you to learn about what democracy is and how the UK Parliament is structured.
Engage: This section will help you to understand how you can engage with Parliament and parliamentary democracy
Empower: Put your understanding of democracy to the test and have your voice heard in your own unit.
When you sign up to take part in our UK Parliament Week Resource, you will be sent a fully printed copy of the challenge, and will be posted the free badges once you've completed the challenge.
UK Parliament Week also have a limited number of free kits, which contain the following items:
- Bunting – so you can decorate your venue in true UK Parliament Week style.
- UK Parliament Week branded pens and a highlighter.
- A UK Parliament Week stress reliever (a great prize for all your efforts).
- Posters to help you promote your event.
- UK Parliament Week stickers, the perfect giveaway.
- UK Parliament Week pin badges for you to wear so everyone knows you’re taking part.
- Balloons – to help you celebrate.
- Your very own UK Parliament Week placard – take pictures with your placard whilst your event is in action and share them on Twitter using the hashtag, #UKPW17!
- And last but not least – our new UK Parliament Week ballot box so you can hold a mock voting activity for all ages.
How can I take part?
Sign up to take part in our UK Parliament Week resource by filling in the application here.
All applications must be completed by Saturday 30 September, to guarantee your free copy of the pack and your badges. By registering for the pack, you may also be sent one of the limited free kits from UK Parliament, however this is subject to availability.
The activities should ideally be carried out during the UK Parliament Week, which takes place 13 - 19 November 2017 or as close to this week as possible.
Make sure to take a picture of your unit taking part in the activities with the UK Parliament Week logo and tweet using #UKPW17 or send your pictures to our www.facebook.com/GirlguidingNorthWestEngland or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the UK Parliament Week Resource then please feel free to contact us on email@example.com or give us a call on 01772 791947.