Become a Peer Educator and give girls the space to talk about the issues that matter to them.
Are you a Senior Section member interested in exploring new possibilities within guiding? Then the Peer Educator Basic Training weekend is a perfect opportunity to learn new skills and find out how you can get involved with other sections. This exciting training weekend is aimed at Senior Section members, aged 14—26, who would like to learn the skills to be able to lead fun and informative sessions for other sections.
What's in it for me?
- Gain skills to become a Peer Educator
- Learn through hand-on experiences
- Gain ideas for new games and activities
- Be given information on different topics covered, such as Think Resilient, Free Being Me and Healthy Relationship
- Being a Peer Educator can count towards Element 1 of the Queen's Guide Award after you've delivered 20 hours of sessions
- The residential element of the training weekend can count as the residential element of the Queen's Guide Award
Cost - Free! (includes food, weekend accommodation and resource packs)
Weekend Accommodation - Shared rooms will be provided with access to communal shower and toilet facilities
Weekend Kit - Please bring a sleeping bag, pillow, change of clothing, indoor shoes (slippers), outdoor shoes, PJs, toiletries, towel, notepad and pens
Dress code for Trainings - Comfortable guiding wear
Meals provided – Friday – evening meal, Saturday – breakfast, lunch and evening meal, Sunday – breakfast and lunch
How to Apply
Please see the flyer below for more information and details on how to book on. The closing date for bookings is Friday 29 September 2017, or when bookings become full which may be much earlier.
Participants will be required to make a £10 deposit which will be refunded on attendance at the training weekend.