Who is level 3 for?
For anyone leading a team of adults, at least one leader per unit (leader, assistant leader, leader in training), mentors, advisers, coordinators (except GO coordinators), licence holders on residentials, trainers, tutors and those that need level 4.
You’ll learn about:
- What to do if someone tells you about a concern, allegation or disclosure
- How to recognise there is a concern
- How you can support and help someone tell their story safely
- How to take action and with whom
- Where to get help
How long does it take?
The training will last around three hours and any resources needed will be sent to you in advance.
Please note: As spaces are limited, please only register if you can definitely attend and ensure that there is strictly one leader from your unit attending. If you have completed the training within the last 3 years, you do not need to redo the training. If you’re unsure when your renewal is due, please check your GO record.
Already have safeguarding expertise or experience outside of guiding?
Check out our recognising prior safeguarding learning and experience process to be exempt from Level 3. Note that this RPL scheme will be withdrawn on 7 September.
There is no recognised prior safeguarding learning and experience available for A Safe Space Levels 1, 2 and 4. This is because the content covered in these levels explains specific Girlguiding approaches to safeguarding. You will need to have completed Levels 1 and 2 (e-learning) and downloaded the booklet above before completing the form. If you haven't, please complete these before booking a place. We will check each record to ensure that these levels have been completed and if they haven’t, you will unfortunately lose your place on the training.
To ensure the process is as smooth as possible, take a look at these top tips:
- Use the form linked above, make sure you complete every box.
- Attach the evidence required. This needs to demonstrate the qualification you have as well as the designated lead role. You can share certificates and even a name badge showing your designated lead role.
- Make sure your evidence has not expired, if there’s less than a year on this, are you able to share anything else?
- Don’t forget to share a screenshot of the completed e-learning courses on your GO record.
- If your certificate doesn’t detail the course content, are you able to find a webpage with this on or ask your employer to confirm that they are equivalent to the A Safe Space Level 3 outcomes?